unless otherwise noted, All Rights Reserved.
- Sacramento Bee first article about DeadMalls.com which was uploaded to AP. Here is a copy from the Berkeley Daily Planet.
- Glens Falls Post Star our local Glens Falls paper doing a story and Brian and Pete
- Pittsburgh Post Gazette Great article about Brian, Pete, and our cause. (Original article is here).
- CNN Money web siteMuch national exposure on CNN, mentions deadmalls.com
- Pitch.com Christmas at Kansas City's forgotten shopping centers, mentions deadmalls.com
- Projo.com Providence, RI paper article about their malls, mentions deadmalls.com
Springfield News-Leader - Springfield, MO newspaper article that gives
credibility and dying malls a sense of accomplishment for being mentioned
- www.dfw.com Dallas Fort-Worth Star-Telegram - nice honorable mention
- The Progress-Index Petersburg, VA paper credits deadmalls.com
- Kansascity.com Mauling of the malls brings tear. Brian comments on the historical aspect of malls, for society and personally.
- NPR.org 5 minute radio report by Jim Zarroli about Deadmalls.com and its impact, and how malls end up on here
- Cleveland.com The Cleveland Plain Dealer, good article about Randall Park Mall
- Wikipedia - Deadmalls.com is now a referenced staple! Thanks!
- Muscatine Journal - Muscatine Mall's deadmalls.com commentary referenced in this article about the mall's status and fate.
- The Tennesseean - mall mentioned as "once listed on a web site for dead malls"
- Cleveland Plain Dealer Article about Rolling Acres Mall in Akron with quote from Brian about woven aspect of a Dead Mall into society's being.
- The Warwick Beacon - Rhode Island's first mall is on deadmalls.com...
- Memphis Flyer - Article showcasing MallOfMemphis.org and a mention of the origin of online websites showcasing dead malls, namely deadmalls.com
- The Columbus Dispatch "Friends put reviews of malls online" - I love this one.
- Columbus Dispatch - Retail Ghosts. Discusses Ohio's dead malls
- Dallas Business Journal - Willow Bend Mall marketing director comments on Deadmalls.com
- The Economist - Birth, death and shopping
- US housing Drop saps Retail Landlords' strength - deadmalls not mentioned, but I spoke with this reporter regarding dead retail space helping to contribute to the article.
- Florida Today - Our wonderful Deadmalls.com Calendar made the news!
- NY Times Blog - nice clickable mention of the site in regards to reclaiming space.
- Torontoist - the loneliest novelty vending machine in Swansea. Deadmalls.com mention.
- tax breaks don't cure blight - they create sprawl - Kansas City's Pitch News
- St Louis Today - Marines rescue Dead Mall (its pride, anyway)
- UTNE Reader - Resuscitating the Mall. Article about mall makeovers
- The Winchester Star Winchester, VA article on the community's condition and future, reference to our site regarding Apple Valley Mall
- Green Guide - nice mention of site within article about turning malls into downtowns
- Worldchanging: The Future of Shopping Malls: An Image Essay - deadmalls.com mention. interesting perspective.
- Irondequoit Mall / Medley Center announces plans, again.
- Is The Mall Dead? Print and online edition of Newsweek this week with honorable mention to Deadmalls.com
- It's the end of the mall as we know it on Walletpop.com
- Poor holiday sales could mean more dead malls in 2009 from CNN.com.
- It once was true love with malls, but now we've grown apart - Dallas Morning News
- What's in store for malls and store formats - from Retail Customer Experience magazine
- CNN Money - The Dead Mall Problem - what will happen to malls when so many stores go under. (no dm mention but good article)
- HousingWire.com - Malls, the Future of Housing?. Good article with dm.com mention
- New York Times - Good featurette tying in our changing economy with the Mall Of America in Minneapolis, MN. Deadmalls.com honorable mention.
- Dubuque Telegraph Herald - Shopping During a Recession is tricky - Deadmalls.com mention.
- Chicago Tribune - General Growth Properties holds out for last-minute rescue, again.
- The Daily Beast - What's in Store for the Suburban Mall?
- Southtown Star / Chicago Sun-Times - Mall owners ask for 10 mil loan. Deadmalls.com used as a definition. I love it!
- Columbia News Service - In hard times, empty stores fascinate and fuel mournful tributes. Jack interviewed.
- The Week - The Vanishing Shopping Mall. Deadmalls.com quoted.
- Deadmalls.com: The Final Resting Place in Retail - self explanatory :-)
- Are Shopping Malls Endangered? - From the Kitnap Sun. Deadmalls.com mentioned, also my own comments.
- Southtown Star (Chicago Suburbs) - What Happened to Lincoln Mall? I spoke with reporter Guy Tridwell for this article.
- Wall Street Journal - Good snapshot of economic times and their impact on malls. DM mentioned.
- WalletPop from AOL - If mall dies, what dies with it? I spoke with Laura, author, regarding the current status of malls and some other uses that have been found for these empty structures.
- 39 Online - KIAH Houston, TX - Are malls in Danger of Being Extinct? Deadmalls.com mention.
- Roger Ebert Movie Reviews - Roger's review of the "Malls R Us" documentary and a deadmalls.com mention. 3 stars!
- Malls R Us - The Tyee British Columbia, Canada. Good review and personal account of malls. Deadmalls.com mention!
- Small stores see Big Vacancies at malls - Deadmalls.com mention, Brian interviewed for this Glens Falls, NY article
- The Kirkland Reporter - Deadmalls.com mention, "The Fall of Kirkland's Totem Lake Mall"
- Owings Mills Patch - Deadmalls.com
mention, "New GM Considers Improvements for Owings Mills Mall"
- Albany Business Review - Boston developer lays out $60 mil vision for Latham Circle Mall
- AtlanticCities - Death of the American Shopping Mall Deadmalls.com mention.
- The Death of the American Mall and the Rebirth of Public Space Deadmalls.com mention. Author of the article, Robbie Moore, also sent me a quick note " I loved browsing your website."
If you are a member of the press or media and are interested in contacting
Deadmalls.com, please use our contact form and leave a voicemail on
our comment line with your contact information. Please realize that we work
regular jobs and may not be available during normal business hours.
Comment form may be accessed using this link.
Our comment hotline is (206) 202-1710.